Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Colors of the Caribbean Sea

Hi! This is a poem I wrote in Jamaica about the colors of the Caribbean sea. Yes, I know I do a lot of poems! Anyway, I hope you like it! Thank you for reading, and please comment!


The colors of waves capped with foam
And the sails of the sailboats as they roam
Shall forever frustrate
Yet I cannot extricate
A way to describe
The beauty; I tried
Azure, peacock, cerulean, teal
Light fades to dark, so remote, sealed
I swept my brush across the sky, but my picture was a paltry farce of the mighty sea
Compared to the majesty in the colors spread before me
I tried to capture the colors, with brush, pen, and word
All my efforts came to naught, all my prayers to describe it; unheard
All heaven gave me, was the pounding of powerful waves against the shore
The sound only teased me, how could I describe such beauty, without more?
So I feasted my eyes upon this sight
Many pictures I snapped, though I could not do it justice, with all our modern might
As I turned, the sun began to set
I looked back once, I shall never forget
A tear of joy and sadness too
Rolled down my cheek, to look upon the shades of beautiful blue
Nature played its tricks on me
Never shall I doubt the might and majesty
Of the colors of the Caribbean Sea

- S. P. Kumar


No comments:

Post a Comment